Position: Acquisitions Editor, Knitting (There is a position for Quilting Acquisitions Editor as well!)
Yes, I would very much like to do this – the editing and analysis parts would be a blast, but I’m not sure the whole “face of the industry” thing would work for me! Anyway, if you know anyone in the Denver area who would be interested, I can’t imagine a better job for an outgoing personality!
|Craftsy is seeking an Acquisition Editors for our Knitting (*and quilting!*) category(ies). Our Acquisition Editors are critical to our company strategy, sit at the cross section of multiple functions, and have responsibility for the business outcomes of the category. Put simply, we’re looking for individuals who will join Craftsy and show enthusiasm, drive, ownership and leadership to get results. Below is an overview of what we’d look for our Acquisitions Editors to accomplish within their role but it’s important to note that, as a growing and changing company, we also hope and expect our employees to grow and develop with us.
As an Acquisitions Editor, you will:
- Proactively establish, cultivate and sustain relationships with current and potential skilled instructors who will produce blockbuster courses within the knitting category
- Be the face of Craftsy for your category. Seek, approach, and engage key industry connections to continuously broaden your network and support Craftsy’s overall category strategy, including e-commerce initiatives and partnership opportunities
- Be a credible, trusted advisor, category expert, liaison and advocate for the content, courses and catalogue—building confidence with colleagues, industry leaders and instructors alike
- Critically review, assess, and prioritize class topics and instructors for their potential to expand and advance our business—creating content that attracts, retains and excites our customers over and over again
- Use analysis, interpretation and application of data in conjunction and category knowledge to define, articulate and develop a vision and curriculum for the category in conjunction with Category Management and Content and Education leaders.
- Develop structured and thoughtful class outlines in close collaboration with instructors and producers that have clear learning outcomes, target key consumer segments and optimize available production resources
- Research, anticipate and recognize trends and leverage that insight to ensure we seize relevant, meaningful and timely opportunities
- Be an open, collaborative partner when it comes to feedback, data, and expertise provided by other team members at Craftsy
- Take ownership for end-to-end execution, including administrative responsibilities like scheduling, logistics, and contracts
- Manage moving, changing pieces and dynamics with flexibility, commitment and a positive attitude
Does that all sounds like something you’d love to do? Awesome! Your experience and background may include, but doesn’t need to be limited to:
- A personal passion for the knitting category! Knowledge of crochet, weaving and spinning in addition to other craft categories is a plus.
- Experience editing, developing, creating and/or curating category-relevant education or content
- Analytical expertise demonstrated in creative, professional or academic environments
- Project management and planning experience to execute complex work in line with tight deadlines
- Ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, demanding environment
- Understanding of market segmentation, forces and opportunities within the category
- Excellent communication skills–writing, editing and presenting in diverse formats as a face and voice of Craftsy
- Education, certifications, publications, etc. that support your ability to contribute to Craftsy as described above!