The Eight Second Rule: According to StatisticBrain, the average attention span is eight seconds. There are hundreds of thousands of books on the market today. How are you going to stand out in the crowd?
First, your cover needs to not only catch your reader’s attention, but be pertinent to the story. Second? The book must be readable. For that to happen, editing is imperative.
My editing services are accomplished in two stages.
- I will edit the manuscript with an eye for grammatical errors and inconsistencies, as well as offering developmental suggestions and queries to improve the clarity, arc, character development, dialogue, world building and plot development and, if appropriate, suggest rewording/rewriting of sections for readability.
- I will ensure that your storyline remains consistent throughout the manuscript
- Sections that are erroneous, repetitive, or extraneous will be noted
- Telephone consultation to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding the editorial recommendations is available upon request. Free consultation is 30 minutes. Longer consultations are at an hourly rate of $15.00 per hour or portions thereof.
- I will proofread the revised manuscript to eliminate any remaining typos, errors, or inconsistencies. If new text was incorporated as part of your revision process, I will also review updated text for consistency. There is a 2,500 word maximum word increase for new text. Additional words over 2,500 are at standard rate.
At this time, my base charge is 2.5¢ per word, with a minimum of $50, payable via PayPal.
If your manuscript is less than 5,000 words please let me know and we can work out pricing. I prefer to set up appointments for your manuscript, but please, send your manuscripts to me as early as possible. I can often work them in sooner than they are scheduled, but advance notice is much more effecient.
Please note: Books from authors who speak English as a second language, hence requiring a great deal more correction for grammar, or books with extensive re-write may be significantly more. You may send me your book for pricing if you feel there may be extensive work needed. Pricing available upon request.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back with you ASAP! Thank you!